Applying Various Concepts Specific to Providing Primary Care to the Adult Population in a Variety of Settings
This course focuses on applying various concepts specific to providing primary care to the adult population in a variety of settings.
One skill the nurse practitioner student must acquire is the ability to critically appraise current evidence to provide the most up to date
evidence-based care to patients.
For this assignment, students will synthesize the literature on a disorder or disease that has been covered in class this semester. Applying Various Concepts Specific to Providing Primary Care to the Adult Population in a Variety of Settings
Develop an application paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. Identify and describe selected condition.
2. Identify the epidemiological trends for condition [prevalence rate, etc.]
3. Briefly discuss the pathophysiology of the selected disorder.
4. Describe the clinical manifestations of the disorder.
5. Discuss the physical presentation of the disorder.
6. Discuss the psychosocial presentation of the disorder.
7. Discuss how the nurse practitioner will manage patient encounters with patients who have limited decision-making capacity
and/or limited communication.
8. Find a current clinical guideline relevant to selected disorder.
9. Develop a treatment and management plan for the patient based on the selected disorder applying clinical guidelines. Applying Various Concepts Specific to Providing Primary Care to the Adult Population in a Variety of Settings
10. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 4 to 5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
11. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
12. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
13. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we,
you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
14. Include a minimum of three (3) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich
Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
15. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
16. Submit paper to Turnitin.
17. Based on the Turnitin originality report, make any necessary revisions before final submission.
18. Submit final paper to Assignment by the posted due date. Applying Various Concepts Specific to Providing Primary Care to the Adult Population in a Variety of Settings