Each of your answers should be written using your own words. Do not copy and paste from your textbook or an Internet source. Simply copying from the book word-for-word does not show me that you understand the concepts. Ensure you cite your work and add reference(s) at the end of your journal. This assignment is designed to see if you are reading and understanding the material from your textbook and attached PDFs, so these should be the sources you are citing in your work. You should not need to do research from additional resources unless the question specifically asks you to do so; you should not be Googling the answers for these questions. Criminal homework help
Please review the APA module under the “Getting Started” area if you need assistance. As a criminal justice professional, it is imperative that you learn the finer aspects of writing. Citing and referencing are part of the gradable criteria for your weekly work.
All questions are worth 20 points:
1. Victims sometimes have unrealistic expectations of the criminal justice system and become even more dissatisfied with the system when their recommendations are not accepted. If you were a victim advocate, how would you advise them of the realities?
2. Find a video of a victim presenting a victim impact statement in court. Based on the victim impact statement, identify the unmet needs of victims of crime and discuss the areas that need to be addressed.
3. How do you balance the safety of victims with the offender’s rehabilitation in a parole hearing? What are some of the unintended conequences of Megan’s Law and Jessica’s Law?
4. What are the strengths and limitations of the restorative justice model? In what ways do restorative and retributive justice differ?
5. Case Study: Review the case of Thurman v. City of Torrington (1984). How has the police response changed over the past 30 years? How would this case be handled if it happened today? Criminal homework help