Eating Disorders Or Substance Use Disorders Pamphlet
Imagine that you are the owner and resident psychologist of a mental health facility that focuses on either treatment of eating disorder or substance use disorders. Design a trifold pamphlet, flyer, or brochure that focuses on one eating or substance use disorder. Choose either one of the following eating disorders: anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or binge-eating disorder OR one of the following substance use disorders: alcohol use disorder, cannabis use disorder, or opioid use disorder. Eating Disorders Or Substance Use Disorders Pamphlet
In effect, the pamphlet/flyer/brochure should be a resource for prospective clients that provides information and encourages early intervention and/or treatment strategies.
Incorporate the following components in your pamphlet/flyer/brochure:
- Definition of the selected disorder.
- Explain the rationale for implementing your behavior and/or treatment model.
- How should the treatment/interventions be utilized?
- Who is involved?
- What is the focus of each level?
- Are there available sources for obtaining additional resources? What are they?
- Can your model be used to determine eligibility for other programs?
- What makes your model effective?
- What is the timeframe for implementation and treatment within your model?
To design your pamphlet, use the templates in Microsoft Office Word. A few samples have been attached to this assignment. Directions on how to create a pamphlet in Word are located in the Topic Resources.
Utilize three to five sources in the creation of your pamphlet. Submit a separate references page.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, Eating Disorders Or Substance Use Disorders Pamphlet