This data project will address Course Outcomes 1 and 3:
- interpret quantitative information to determine effects of human activity on the environment and to evaluate environmentally sustainable decisions
- effectively communicate and use scientific evidence regarding human impact on the environment with emphasize on sustainability and global citizenship
This data project will be composed of two parts.
In Part I of your report, you will compile class data from the Week 5 Eco Moment on your water usage (found in the “Shared Data” Discussion, under Water Calculator Data) and summarize/analyze it with Excel (or similar spreadsheet program). Discuss what trend(s) you see in the class data that relate to course concepts. Think about the best way to present your findings–tabular or graphical form? There is no “right answer” here, as long as you pick a format that highlights your main findings and supports your table(s) and/or graph(s) with clear text that interprets the results. Do any of the findings surprise you? Why or why not? Economics Assignment Help
In Part II, you will research and discuss possible solutions to the environmental problems reflected in the class data. Here, you will want to support your argument with reliable, scientific resources (e.g., peer-reviewed scientific papers, white papers, and government websites). Be sure to end with a strong concluding paragraph that summarizes the main data trend(s), along with the merits and relevance of your chosen solution(s).
The page limit for your written report for both Part I and Part II are two pages, plus one page for the data table/graph(s) you use to present your findings in Part I. The page limit does not include an optional title page, the reference list, and the appendix with the raw class data. The report should be double-spaced with one-inch margins all around and use a 12-pt font.
Here is the order in which to present the various project components:
- Part I = describe the class data we collected, include the methodology, relevant web tool (if applicable), the mean and sample size for each result, table/graph(s) that depict the main findings and/or trends; interpret the table/graph(s) for the reader
- Part II = summarize research on possible solutions; be sure to incorporate reliable in-text citations and focus on relevant, attainable solutions
- Reference List
- Appendix of Raw Data = screenshot or copy in the Excel table showing all the class data (no analysis or mean) Economics Assignment Help