In 300 words, Discuss how elimination complexities can affect the lives of patients and their families. Discuss the nurse’s role in supporting the patient’s psychological and emotional needs. Provide an example.” Use our text, other assigned readings and scholarly source to support your answer
Grading Rubric / Point Value for Each Part of Question
Discuss how elimination complexities impact patient/ family lives +2.5
Discuss the nurses role in supporting psychological/ emotional needs related to elimination problems +2.5
Provide an example of the complexity, the impact and the nurses role in providing support +2.5
Writing and APA +0.5
You may post your reply in narrative format or use the table below. Regardless of format, the post should be in written in your own words, and include citations and references of sources.
|Elimination complexities impact on patient and Family|
|Nurses supporting role related to elimination complexities|
|Example of a complexity, impact on patient family and nurse’s role in support|
Whitney, S. GCU. (2020). Elimination Complexities. https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs410v/pathophysiology-clinical-applications-for-client-health/v1.1/#/chapter/3
Whitey, S. (2018). Elimination Complexities. In Pathophysiology: Clinical Applications for Client Health. Grand Canyon University (Ed.). https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs410v/pathophysiology-clinical-applications-for-client-health/v1.1/ Elimination Complexities
After completing the assigned reading and reviewing the functional health pattern assessment form I posted answer the following question:
In 300 words, Discuss how functional patterns help a nurse understand the current and past state of health for a patient. Using a condition or disease associated with an elimination complexity, provide an example.
Grading Rubric and Point Value for Each Part of the Question
Discuss how functional health patterns are used by the nurse to understand patient’s history and current health +2.5
Choose a condition associated with elimination complexity +2
Provide examples of data you might enter on the functional health patterns assessment +3
Writing organization and APA +0.5
You can complete the question in narrative format or use the table below.
|Describe how nurses use functional health patterns to understand patient’s history and current health|
|Choose an elimination complexity|
|Provide examples of data you might enter on the functional health patterns assessment for the patient with the chosen elimination complexity Elimination Complexities|
Read “Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline and Risk of End-Stage Renal Disease in Type 2 Diabetes,” by Megumi et al., from PLOS ONE (2018).
Read “Acute Kidney Failure,” located on the Mayo Clinic website.
Read “Kidney Failure (Symptoms, Signs, Stages, Causes, Treatment, and Life Expectancy),” by Wedro, located on the MedicineNet website.
CAT Question #1 Critical Thinking Functional Health Patterns
Class in 250 words reflect on the nursing process – Assessment, Diagnosis, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation (ADPIE) Discuss how assessment leads to formulating nursing diagnosis and plans of care. How might the functional health patterns assessment be used in assessment, planning and formulating diagnosis? Do you see it as an assessment tool/ gathering data or clustering it for use?
You will earn credit for one substantive reply if you answer the question.
|Pattern of Health Perception and Health Management:
1. How does the person describe current health?
1. What does the person do to maintain health?
1. What does person know about links between lifestyle and health?
1. How big a problem is financing health care for this person?
1. Can this person report his/her medications and the reason for taking them?
1. If this person has allergies, what does he/she do to prevent/manage them?
1. What does the person know about medical problems in his/her family?
1. Have there been any important illnesses/injuries in this person’s life?
1. Is this person well-nourished?
1. How does this person’s food intake compare with recommended food intake?
1. Does this person have any disease that affects nutritional/metabolic function?
|Pattern of Elimination:
1. Are the person’s excretory functions within normal range?
1. Does the person have any disease of the digestive system, urinary system, or skin?
|Pattern of Activity and Exercise:
1. How does this person describe his/her weekly pattern of:
0. Does this person have any disease that affects his/her:
Cardio/Respiratory System?–Musculoskeletal System? Elimination Complexities
1. Does this person have any sensory deficits? If yes, are they corrected?
1. Can this person express himself/herself clearly and logically?
1. What is this person’s level of education?
1. Does this person have any disease that affects mental or sensory functions?
1. If this person has pain, describe it and its causes.
|Pattern of Sleep and Rest:
1. Describe this person’s sleep/wake cycle.
1. Does this person appear physically rested and relaxed?
|Pattern of Self-Perception and Self-Concept:
1. Is there anything unusual about this person’s appearance?
1. Does this person seem comfortable with his/her appearance?
1. Describe this person’s feeling state.
1. How does this person describe his/her various roles in life?
1. Has, or does this person presently have positive role models for these roles?
1. Which relationships are most important to this person at this time?
1. Is this person presently going through any changes in role or relationships? If yes, describe changes.
|Sexuality – Reproductive Pattern:
1. Is this person satisfied with his/her situation related to sexuality?
1. Does this person have any disease/dysfunction of the reproductive system?
1. Is this person satisfied with his/her plans regarding children?
|Pattern of Coping and Stress Tolerance:
1. How does this person cope with difficult situations/problems?
1. Do these coping mechanism/actions help or make things worse?
1. Has this person had any treatment for emotional distress?
|Pattern of Value and Beliefs:
1. What principles did this person learn as a child that are still important to him/her?
1. Does this person identify with any social, religious, ethnic, regional, cultural, or other groups?
1. What support systems does this person currently have Elimination Complexities