1. All companies want to be perceived as green and not damaging the environment nor contributing to climate change. In pursuit of that image, many companies have overstated or misrepresented their environmental bona fides. This is a practice called greenwashing. Read the linked article below for details.
Here is an example of a greenwashed ad. Why? Fiji bottled water has a huge carbon footprint shipping water from Fiji to the U.S. It is quite a stretch to call this product green.
· Find your own example of greenwashing and post it.
· Explain why you think it constitutes greenwashing.
· If you were the CEO, would you have authorized the ad you chose?
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other threads
Theme 1: Ethical Issues Related to the Environment
The Business Ethics Workshop (2012) Washington, DC: The Saylor Foundation
· Chapter 14: The Green Office: Economics and the Environment (pages 627-664)
Theme 2: Sustainable Business Practices
· Participate in Week discussion