NUR2115LL Section RJXB2A0Z Fundamentals of Professional Nursing Clinical
Top of Form
Presentation: Create a visual to accompany your presentation outline. This is PowerPoint presentations. The presentation must be interactive and allow for student questions. The presentation should follow what is presented in the outline in a clear and organized fashion. Please include the following topics/components in your presentation:
- Topic Overview: Definitions and components
- Relate topic to patient safety
- Include two nursing priorities that relate to your topic
- Include three nursing interventions that relate to your topic
- Provide a conclusion/review of your topic
- Allow time for student/instructor questions
NOTE Bottom of Form
Create FIVE NCLEX questions on the topic of your presentation with rationales and references. NUR2115LL Section RJXB2A0Z Fundamentals of Professional Nursing Clinical
Outline Presentation on safety
Veronica Toyin Olatinpo
NU211LL/NUR2115LL Section RJXB2A0Z Fundamentals of Professional Nursing Clinical
Prof Jennifer Brown
August 27, 2023
Ensuring Safety in the Medical Environment
In this presentation, we will be discussing the importance of safety in medical environments. The goal is to ensure that you have a thorough grasp of the various risks and hazards that could occur in a medical environment and the required safety precautions to reduce these risks. By the end of this presentation, we hope that you will have gained a strong awareness of the importance of safety in the health sector and the skills to effectively implement safety protocols.
Learning objectives for students
- Students will identify possible risks and hazards in the medical setting by being able to identify hazardous materials and equipment (Nasrallah et al., 2022).
- Students will explain the significance of following safety practices in the medical field by giving instances of the possible repercussions of disregarding safety standards (Mugivhisa et al., 2020).
- Students will demonstrate their comprehension of safety precautions in the health environment by writing a thorough safety plan for a particular experiment (Jackson et al., 2019).
Topics Covered in Presentation
Introduction to Medical Safety
- The significance of safety
- Potential dangers and hazards
- The effects of disregarding safety protocols
Hazardous Substances and Equipment
- Identification of potentially harmful substances
- Safe chemical handling and storage
- Proper usage of medical equipment
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Types of PPE
- The significance of utilizing PPE
- The appropriate use and disposal of PPE.
- Wearing and Disposal of PPE
- Spill and accident response
- Evacuation protocols
- First-aid measures
Safety precautions and procedures
- Medical hygiene and cleanliness
- Proper storage and labelling of chemicals and medication.
- Communication and collaboration to preserve safety. NUR2115LL Section RJXB2A0Z Fundamentals of Professional Nursing Clinical
The prioritization of safety within the medical setting is crucial to safeguard the welfare of humans and the surrounding environment. By diligently following established safety protocols, individuals may effectively mitigate the occurrence of mishaps, safeguard their well-being, and significantly enhance the overall efficacy and triumph of scientific endeavors. The objective of this presentation is to provide you with the necessary information and abilities to establish a safe medical environment that is both secure and conducive to productivity.
Jackson, S. J., Authier, S., Brohmann, H., Goody, S. M. G., Jones, D., Prior, H., Rosch, A., Traebert, M., Tse, K., Valentin, J. P., & Milne, A. (2019). Neurofunctional test batteries in safety pharmacology – Current and emerging considerations for the drug development process. Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods, 100, 106602. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vascn.2019.106602
Mugivhisa, L. L., Baloyi, K., & Oluwole Olowoyo, J. (2020). Adherence to safety practices and risks associated with toxic chemicals in the research and postgraduate laboratories at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Pretoria, South Africa. African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation and Development, 13(6), 747–756. https://doi.org/10.1080/20421338.2020.1797269
Nasrallah, I. M., El Kak, A. K., Ismaiil, L. A., Nasr, R. R., & Bawab, W. T. (2022). Prevalence of Accident Occurrence Among Scientific Laboratory Workers of the Public University in Lebanon and the Impact of Safety Measures. Safety and Health at Work. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.shaw.2022.02.001. NUR2115LL Section RJXB2A0Z Fundamentals of Professional Nursing Clinical