Practice – Healthcare Accreditation Assignment
- Practice – Healthcare Accreditation
Healthcare systems and patients benefit from accreditation standards. Many accrediting bodies are represented in various practice settings. This activity is designed to expose you to some of the major aspects of accreditation and see how it affects quality and safety.
Explore The Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) sites to understand what standards these accreditors require participants to meet. Consider:Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay onPractice – Healthcare Accreditation Assignment
- History and original purpose for creation
- Purpose for existence now—how has it evolved?
- Where the requirements for each agency are publicly reported
- Why public reporting of metrics is important
- How each body operates
- Or choose an accrediting agency of your choice (one). Below are other possible options. Choose one – complete one. Practice – Healthcare Accreditation Assignment
Although we focused on CARF and The Joint Commission in this activity, there are many other accrediting bodies to consider:
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Inc. (ACHC)
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF)
- American Osteopathic Association Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (AOA/HFAP)
- Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ)
- Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)
- Det Norske Veritas Healthcare (DNV Healthcare)
- Review the prompts above and summarize your notes in 525 words for future reference.
Submit your assignment.
- PLEASE PLEASE, PLEASE DO A GOOD JOB
- APA format. Practice – Healthcare Accreditation Assignment