RN-BSN Competencies Acquired Through the Course Assignment
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the course.
- The length of the reflection is to be 3 pages excluding the title page and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
- Title page
- Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading
- Course Reflection
Reflect on the course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to (choose 3):
- Deliver compassionate, patient centered, evidence-based care that respects patient and family preferences.
- Monitor client outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of psychobiological interventions.
- Create a safe care environment that results in high quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate clinical judgment and accountability for patient outcomes when delegating to and supervising other members of the healthcare team
- Engage in caring and healing techniques that promote a therapeutic nurse patient relationship.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, including the patient and the patient’s support network.
- Provide appropriate patient teaching that reflects developmental stage, age, culture, spirituality, patient preferences, and health literacy considerations to foster patient engagement in their care. RN-BSN Competencies Acquired Through the Course Assignment