Welcome back, Scientists! Chemistry is all around us. This week, you will explore the impact of pH by conducting simulated lab and field tests.
- Start this week with the Unit 2 Learning Path in intellipath® (located in the Assignments list). Here, you will be taught the following fundamental aspects of chemistry that you will need to complete this week’s lab activity, the Unit 2 Individual Project:
- Acids and bases
- Acid rain
- Continue on to the Unit 2 Individual Project (instructions below):
- Don’t forget to read! You will learn more about the basics of chemistry, such as the following:
- Types of elements
- Chemical bonds
- Chemical reactions
- Don’t be a stranger! Your instructor loves hearing from you. Let them know how you are doing this week, and touch base with any questions you might have. You’re doing great!
Lab 2: Measuring pH Levels
For this assignment, you will use the Unit 2 Measuring pH Levels Learning Module to complete the Unit 2 Lab Report worksheet. You will be conducting simulated lab and field tests to determine pH levels of collected samples.
- If you haven’t already, download the Lab Report worksheet.
- Then, view the Unit 2 Lab: Measuring pH Levelsto complete the virtual lab and Lab Report worksheet.
- Submit your completed assignment in one of the following ways:
- Upload your completed Lab Report.
- Upload an image with your completed Lab Report.
- Type in your responses to the Lab Report in the IP submission text box.
View the Individual Project Demo for guidance on how to submit your Lab Report as an Individual Project via the Virtual Classroom or the CTU Mobile app.