Student Engagement and Classroom Management Plan
Please follow all steps below. Each step is separate and must be on a separate piece of paper. Please DO NOT CONJOIN THIS ASSIGNMENT INTO ONE ESSAY. There should be 4 parts to this assignment. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you !
Building the community for your classroom and your students will give you the opportunity to engage your students and their families. Communicating your procedures, routines, and expectations creates transparency with all stakeholders. Student Engagement and Classroom Management Plan
Assignment : Create a “Student Engagement and Classroom Management Plan” for a specific grade-level and content area that includes the following:
1) In at least 250 words, write a personal philosophy of student engagement and classroom management that includes:
- A description of your overall classroom management philosophy aligned to personal beliefs you hold that support it.
- An overview of how you will manage your learning environment in order to engage students.
- How you will collaborate with students, families, and colleagues to build a safe, positive learning climate of openness, mutual respect, support, and inquiry.
- How you will take a leadership role advocating for meeting the needs of students, and enacting system change.
2) Write a one-page letter to send to families at the beginning of the school year introducing yourself and explaining your classroom management plan and how you will maintain ongoing communication with students and families to build positive school-home relationships.
3) In at least 250 words, describe how you will actively and equitably engage students by establishing procedures, routines, and expectations. Include 4-5 specific procedures, routines, or expectations you will implement in the classroom. (These procedures or routines may be revised from previous assignments, or they may be new.)
4) Write at least a 150 word description of three strategies you plan to utilize in your future classroom that will address limiting and mitigating the effects of disruptive and off-task behaviors in the classroom, including rewards and consequences. Student Engagement and Classroom Management Plan
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.