Week 5 Problems (MKT6250 Healthcare Marketing)
Week 5 Problems
Chapters 11 and 12
1. In recent years, several nationally known healthcare providers have established satellite facilities a great distance from their main clinic locations. The Mayo Clinic of Rochester, Minnesota, has opened facilities in Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota as well as an office for referrals in Mexico City. The Cleveland Clinic has opened a Brain Institutes in Nevada, a facility in Florida, and a hospital in Abu Dhabi and a recently opened hospital in London. As the chapter also described, the Hospital for Special Surgery has opened multiple locations beyond its sole location in mid-town Manhattan with a separate hospital in Florida. Explain the changes in distribution intensity these actions represent. Week 5 Problems (MKT6250 Healthcare Marketing)
2. A primary care group has dramatically increased its availability to patients over the past 10 years. As the group added partners, it expanded from its initial single location to the current four satellite locations over that period. The next phase of focusing on access was an after-hours clinic option that rotated one night each week across each location. This approach allowed the physicians as well as the staff to have some quality-of-life balance but still service patient needs. In the past year, the group also followed that approach with weekend hours. Some of the younger partners in the group have increasingly suggested that these approaches may be beneficial in today’s marketplace, but they are insufficient in response to customer expectations. A core number of the physicians have suggested that it is a twofold challenge not only of leakage but also of not even knowing where patients are going for after-hour care. The group has a strong brand name and has 42 primary care physicians and 15 nurse practitioners. The group has recently allowed patients to schedule appointments online through the patient portal, but a significant number of the physicians were resistant to the change. To maintain the group’s access advantage, what are three possible approaches this group might consider?
3. A hospital marketing director has examined her promotional budget over the past few years. She has examined her efforts and expenditures and has determined that a significant proportion has been directed to paid media. At the same time, she has determined that the public is increasingly concerned with fake news and is turning more toward the opinions of friends and acquaintances. In that regard, she wants to place greater focus on her integrated marketing strategy with an emphasis on earned media. Highlight an approach that might lead to heightened results for the healthcare organization achieving success in the earned media dimension of the integrated marketing component. What are three tactics she might consider?
4. Mary Hayes is the director of patient engagement in a relatively large city in the upper Midwest. In a strategic planning committee meeting, the marketing director had presented an overview of the latest demographic projections of the region, which were somewhat disconcerting. “The region is showing a large outgrowth and decline among several important demographic groups,” the marketing director noted. “There is a 1.6% decline in the important demographic of 26- to 40-year-olds reflective of our declining economic opportunities for jobs, and there is a decline in the 60- to 75-year-olds, who are moving to retirement locations.” Week 5 Problems (MKT6250 Healthcare Marketing)
The group agreed that this was a situation facing many similar communities in the upper Midwest, but the hospital had two competitors of good size in the region. Provide your recommendations as to strategies to consider at this stage of the life cycle for the organization and the market.
End of chapter conceptual problems evaluate your understanding of key concepts and elements of the Health Care Marketing learned in the chapters. Showing an understanding of the problems using clear logic and supporting facts, you must address the problems analytically and thoroughly. The Assignment must follow the following guidelines:
1. You must use citations with references to document information obtained from sources. The key elements of Health Care Marketing are found in the sources listed in this syllabus (it is your duty to search for them, read, analyze, evaluate, summarize, paraphrase in your answers, and cite the authors who wrote the articles, books, term papers, memoirs, studies, etc. What it means is that you will have not less than 4 references from the listed sources.
2. Grammatically correct paper, no typos, and must have obviously been proofread for logic.
3. Problem numbers must be typed out as headings, with follow-up answers in paragraph format.
The Assignment must be in APA format. Week 5 Problems (MKT6250 Healthcare Marketing)