1 page – apa – strategy planning – due 26 jun
For this discussion, you will explore the relationship between financial analysis and
strategic analysis in a review of the case study Walmart, Inc. in 2018: The World’s Biggest
Retailer Faces New Challenges (from your textbook). In addition, read: Chapter 2, “Putting
Performance Analysis into Practice.”
A case study is a puzzle to be solved, so before reading and answering the specific
questions, develop your proposed solution by following these five steps:
1. Read the case study to identify the key issues and underlying issues. These issues are the
principles and concepts of the course area which apply to the situation described in the case
2. Record the facts from the case study which are relevant to the principles and concepts of the
course area issues. The case may have extraneous information not relevant to the current course
area. Your ability to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information is an important
aspect of case analysis, as it will inform the focus of your answers.
3. Describe in detail the actions that would address or correct the situation.
4. Consider how you would support your solution with examples from experience or current real-life
examples or cases from textbooks.
5. Complete this initial analysis and then read the discussion questions. Typically, you will already
have the answers to the questions, but with a broader consideration. At this point, you can add
the details and/or analytical tools required to solve the case.
In an original post, present a well-written answer and diagnosis for the following case
1. How well is Walmart performing relative to its competitors?
2. From (a) the financial data and (b) what we know about Walmart’s businesses, can we identify
the sources of Walmart’s inferior performance?
3. How are Walmart’s shareholders and stakeholders affected by the performance?
4. What can Walmart’s management do to close the performance gap?
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (require supporting citations)
in your initial response along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article