Professional Paper discussusion
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate writing skills, organizational skills, and ability to correctly present ideas and credit others in APA formatting when writing a professional paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO3. Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge using success resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO3)
CO4. Integrate critical thinking and judgment in professional decision-making in collaboration with faculty and peers. (PO4)
CO5. Apply concepts of professionalism when planning for personal, intellectual, and professional development. (PO5)
CO9. Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional development by assessing information and technology competence, implementing plans for upgrading technology skills, and using effective strategies for online student success using resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO5)
Submit the assignment Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT. (check your Canvas calendar for your local time).
Click to view and download the NR351 Professional Paper Rubric (Links to an external site.).
This assignment is worth a total of 225 points.
PREPARING THE Professional Paper
- Carefully read these guidelines including the Rubric, which may be found in the Gradebook.
- Download the Professional Paper Template (Links to an external site.). Rename that document as Your Last Name Professional Paper.docx. Save it to your own computer or drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Remember that only Microsoft Word 2010 or a later version is acceptable. The document must be saved as a .docx. Save frequently to prevent loss of your work.
- Mechanics of the Professional Paper include:
- Times New Roman size 12 typeface (font) double spaced with 1-inch margins
- No abstract
- Correct APA format
- Correct spelling, apostrophe use, grammar, punctuation, paragraphing, and sentence structure
- Contents must include Title Page, body of the paper (500–600 words including Introduction, two Main Points and subpoints from your Professional Paper Worksheet outline including revisions suggested by instructor, and Conclusion), and References page.
- Two Main Points and Conclusion should be Level 1 headings. No Level 2 headings are needed for this short paper.
- References should only include your Hood textbook and the assigned article found here: https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edswss&AN=000365681600009&site=eds-live&scope=site (Links to an external site.)
- Contents of the paper must include any revisions suggested by your instructor in Professional Paper Worksheet feedback.
- When your assignment is complete, save and close your Professional Paper. Submit your completed paper as by the due date.
- PLEASE! DON”T USE TURNITIN!!!!!!!!!!