Write an essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each number item. There should be two sections, one for each item number below, as well the introduction (heading is the title of the essay) and conclusion paragraphs. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) scholarly citations using APA citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Write an essay addressing the following prompts:
- Electronic health records (EHRs) are easier to read than the paper charts of the past, but many complain that healthcare providers are focusing too much on the computer screen instead of the patient.
- Is this due to a lack of skill or training, poor computer system design, or just the nature of computer charting?
- Is patient care suffering from the implementation of EHRs?
- Charting in an EHR consist of clicking boxes, do you feel this provides enough detail about the patient, condition, and events if there was a lawsuit?
2. Hebda, Hunter, and Czar (2019) identify three types of data that are currently being tracked by organizations (p. 46).
- Identify and explain another type of data, specific to your practice, that is being tracked by an organization.
- Why do you feel this data is important to track?
- Identify and discuss the organization that is tracking the data.
- Are there any ethical concerns with an outside organization tracking this data, explain, and give examples?